Amber Alert Canceled For Boys Who Left Youth Ranch
An Amber Alert has been canceled for five teenage boys who authorities reported missing from a rural New Mexico ranch for troubled youth Friday.
New Mexico state police said the five boys - ages 13-17 - were physically accounted for Sunday. Four other teenage boys who also were a part of the group that authorities originally said was missing were found safe and were back their parents Saturday.
A spokesman for the State Children, Youth and Families Department said authorities couldn't consider the boys safe until they saw them.
Meanwhile, an attorney for the ranch had maintained all were safely with their parents.
Authorities executed a search warrant at the Tierra Blanca High Country Youth Program near Hillsboro last week when they discovered the teens weren't there. Authorities are investigating claims of abuse at the ranch.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.