Boys Missing From Ranch Report Being Back With Parents; But State Is Confirming Each Case
Authorities have now removed four teenagers from an Amber Alert that originally included nine children when it was issued Friday. State police said Saturday night that the parents of the other five boys have made contact with state officials, but the Amber Alert will remain active until an official physically confirms their location and well-being.
The teens were considered missing when a search warrant was executed Friday at the Tierra Blanca High Country Youth Program as part of an investigation of abuse. The teens weren't at the 30,000-acre compound in Sierra County and neither was program operator Scott Chandler.
As KRWG first reported Friday, Ranch attorney Pete Domenici Jr. said the teenagers were on a previously scheduled activity away from the ranch but they are now all with their parents.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.