Dallas 4-Year-Old Dies Dies At School Choking On Food
A 4-year-old pre-kindergarten student has died after apparently choking on some food during lunch at a Dallas school.
The Dallas Independent School District says counselors were available Friday at Mount Auburn Elementary School.
A letter has been sent home to parents about Thursday's incident and the death of Manny Ramirez.
School officials say the boy was in the cafeteria eating with other children when he started coughing and choking. A school nurse managed to dislodge the food as others called 911 — then the boy suffered a seizure.
District spokeswoman Rebecca Rodriguez says CPR was performed but the boy died.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.