The Mayor’s Top Teens program is accepting nominations for Las Cruces teens completing 9th, 10th or 11th grades (may not be an 11th grade student graduating early) and either attending a school or being home-schooled within the Las Cruces Public Schools District.
Teens may be nominated by teachers, counselors, friends, clergy, or family (but not their parents, guardians or students). Nomination forms should be completed on the Mayor’s Top Teen website at www.mayorstopteens.com.
The Mayor’s Top Teens seeks teens who:
- Overcame a significant obstacle in their lives
- Perform community service
- Demonstrate scholastic achievement
- Set a good example
- Are positive role models
Teens chosen as the Mayor’s Top Teens will be recognized in the following areas throughout the school year:
- A published yearbook profiling each honoree
- Attendance at local events and meetings
- Formal introduction at a City Council Meeting
- Various community parades and celebrations
- Other benefits donated by sponsor
The Mayor’s Top Teens program was founded by The Optimist Clubs of Las Cruces in 2007. It is dedicated to creating a community that values teens and promotes a positive image of them in our community. The MTT program is directed by a committee of volunteers and supported by Mayor Ken Miyagishima as well as a host of corporate sponsors.