KRWG.ORG-The Region's Home Page
Thu January 3, 2013
THE LIST: Difficult Driving Conditions
The New Mexico Department of Transportation (NMDOT) is assisting law enforcement as they have CLOSED a portion of US-70 from NASA exit (mile post 161) to White Sands Missile Range (171). Motorists are encouraged to seek and alternate route and avoid any travels to this area until conditions change.
The NMDOT is conducting snow removal operations on all state and local routes. Bridges are very slick due to frigid temperature.
DIFFICULT DRIVING CONDITIONS:
· NM-11/Deming to Columbus, NM: Slick and icy in spots
· I-10/Dona Ana area: Texas state line to Mesquite exit (mile post 151) snow flurries with slick roadways
· US-70/Dona Ana area: Snow packed and icy and CLOSED from NASA to White Sands Missile Range
· NM-404/Anthony, NM: OPEN with snow and icy roadways, proceed with caution
· Silver City area – NM-15; NM-35 and NM-152 are icy in spots, proceed with caution