KRWG.ORG-The Region's Home Page
Wed July 17, 2013
NM Mom Suffers Burns Helping Rescue Son From Fire
A Las Cruces woman was severely burned while rescuing her 3-year-old son when the family mobile home caught fire.
Firefighters arrived to find the mobile home engulfed in smoke and heavy flames early Tuesday.
Neighbor Margarita Martinez Soto says she carried Laura Rodriguez to a neighbor's home after Rodriguez's feet were burned by flames as she passed her son through a window to a man outside.
Rodriguez also suffered cuts to her arms when she broke out the glass of the bedroom window.
The Las Cruces Sun News reports that Rodriguez is hospitalized at the burn unit of University Medical Center in Lubbock, Texas.
Information from: Las Cruces Sun News.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.