KRWG.ORG-The Region's Home Page
Tue October 26, 2010
Onate High School In Las Cruces Briefly Evacuated Due To Smoke
By KRWG News
Las Cruces – Students, faculty and staff of Onate High School were briefly evacuated today after smoke was seen in the corridors of the building.
The evacuation began shortly before noon today and lasted only around half an hour as Las Cruces Firefighters and school maintenance personnel attempted to locate the source of the smoke.
Officials believe the smoke originated in a boiler room near the school's Performing Arts Center. No injuries were reported and there did not appear to be any structural damage as a result of the smoke.
Students were allowed back into the building and classes resumed by 12:30 p.m.