Progress Now New Mexico is planning a "Progressive Action Summit" Saturday, July 15, on the east mesa campus of Dona Ana Community College. From www.progressnownm.org :
Our last summit sold out quickly so don’t wait. Get your tickets now.
We’ve got some exciting panels from local folks as well as some great leaders from around the state. We’ve got something for everyone including:
- Legalization of marijuana in New Mexico- Rep. Bill McCamley will discuss the current status of pot in the state and where we can go from here.
- Voting culture- Dona Ana County Clerk Scott Krahling will discuss how he and his staff are working to build a more engaged voting culture in southern New Mexico.
- Reproductive Justice Issues – Learn what folks around the state are doing to ensure that Reproductive options are easy and available to New Mexicans around the state, especially in the current national climate.
- Candidate Training Track – Ever think of running for office? Think you could take the plunge? Come and learn some important skills and meet others who want to step up in New Mexico.
- Spotting Fake News – In today’s saturated media markets, how do you know who to trust? Learn some key skills and get involved in the conversation about rising above the #FakeNews deluge.
More panels discussing immigration, education, public lands, art as an organizing tool, and organizing in rural areas will be announced soon!
Our summit isn’t just about educating our wider progressive community but every session is designed around an action. Each panel and speaker will have something YOU can do to help move the cause forward in New Mexico.
We listened to your suggestions at our last Summit and have aimed to keep the cost down and as affordable as possible so as to include as many of New Mexico’s voices as possible.
Please also do keep in mind that the cost of the event includes, parking, entry, and lunch from a small local business.