Report: NM Teen Who Died Took Drug Before Concert
A police report says a 14-year-old Santa Fe girl fatally stricken during an Albuquerque concert last month took the illegal drug ecstasy with friends before going into the venue.
The New Mexico State Police report says Hannah Bruch took the drug before entering the concert at Expo New Mexico the evening of Aug. 10.
She died the next morning after a security guard found her sick and she was taken to a hospital.
The report says the girl's heart was beating extremely fast, she couldn't walk on her own, had trouble speaking and her eyes were rolling up.
Police and doctors suspect Bruch died of an ecstasy overdose, but a final cause of death won't be available pending additional toxicology reports.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.