Search Committee Chosen For Next DACC President
New Mexico State University has selected members of a search committee for the next president of NMSU Dona Ana Community College.
NMSU Interim President Manuel Pacheco said the committee represents an important cross-section of people from the community and university who will bring excellent perspective to the process.
"It is my pleasure to announce the search committee that will work to bring forward candidates for the next president of NMSU Dona Ana Community College," Pacheco said. "As you will recall, current NMSU DACC President Margie Huerta will be retiring in January 2014. It is imperative that we begin this search now so that we can ensure a smooth transition."
Bernadette Montoya, vice president for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management for NMSU Las Cruces, will serve as the chair of the search effort. Previously, Montoya held a similar position in student affairs at NMSU DACC.
A comprehensive search committee has been appointed with members from different constituency groups. The members include:
• Paul Dulin, Hatch Public School Board - NMSU DACC Advisory Board
• Connie Phillips, Las Cruces Public School Board - NMSU DACC Advisory Board
• Susan Wood, NMSU DACC Faculty
• David Burleson, NMSU DACC Faculty
• Fred Lillibridge, NMSU DACC Administration
• Anna Contreras, NMSU DACC Staff
• NMSU DACC Student, to be determined by DACC student leadership
• John Munoz, local business and community member
• Davin Lopez, local business and community member
• Leslie Cervantes, local business and community member
• John Gratton, president, NMSU Carlsbad
• Greg Fant, deputy provost, NMSU
• NMSU faculty representative, to be determined by NMSU Faculty Senate
"I am asking the committee to begin the search at this time with a goal of having qualified finalists available for campus interviews early next fall," Pacheco said.
The committee will be establishing a website so that interested parties can follow the process and NMSU will provide updates as the search progresses.