The state Supreme Court is allowing two New Mexico counties to poll voters about lowering marijuana penalties. The court on Friday ordered Secretary of State Dianna Duran to place the advisory questions on November general election ballots in Bernalillo and Santa Fe counties. The counties want to survey their voters on whether they support decriminalizing marijuana. Bernalillo County also plans to ask voters about a possible tax levy to finance mental health services.
KRWG.ORG-The Region's Home Page
Director of Content
Reporter, KRWG-FM and Anchor, KRWG-TV's Fronteras-A Changing America
Operations Manager And Anchor, KRWG-FM's All Things Considered and KRWG-TV's Fronteras-A Changing America
Host, KRWG-FM's Fiesta! and PUENTES
KRWG Jazz Host
Host, Friday Night Blues; Saturday Night Jazz
Host, KRWG-FM's Intermezzo
Host, KRWG-FM's Intermezzo
New Mexico's unemployment rate was 6.7 percent in August, up from 6.6 percent in July and down from 7 percent in August 2013. The state Department of...
A bizarre series of events Friday morning resulted in the crash of a motorcycle, and the collision of an automobile with a bicyclist who was...
U.S. Senator Martin Heinrich (D-N.M.) released the following statement after voting to prevent a government shutdown and to allow President Obama...
Unemployment across Texas rose slightly to 5.3 percent in August. The Texas Workforce Commission on Friday announced the rate increased from the 5...
Following heavy rainfall that drenched most of Doña Ana County this past week, county officials remind residents to be cautious about companies...
Las Cruces Police are continuing to assist New Mexico State Police with a high risk traffic stop on Avenida de Mesilla. At around 9:30 a.m. Friday...
Latest from NPR
- Talking Pink Heels And Birth Control, GOP Plays Offense With Women At the Democratic party's annual Women's Leadership Forum Friday, Hillary Clinton delivered a message that could have come straight from the...
Sierra Leone: Where Colin Powell Felt His Roots
- Social Media Gets The Right Stuff To India's Flood Victims When the floods hit the state of Jammu and Kashmir in the first week of September, Delhi resident Raheel Khursheed was preparing to visit his...
Amid NFL Scandals, A Novel About America's Love Of The Sport
- WATCH: First Guy In Perth To Get Hands On New iPhone Drops It On Live TV This morning, tech geeks around the world lined up outside Apple stores to get their hands on the latest iteration of the company's smartphone. We...
Watch KRWG-TV's Newsmakers Thursday, 7pm; Saturday, 5pm; and Sunday 11am
Watch KRWG-TV's Fronteras Thursday, 7:30pm; Saturday, 5:30pm; and Sunday 11:30am
KRWG-TV is proud to present the nation's in-depth national and world news every night. Watch the PBS NewsHour weeknights at 5:30pm and weekends at 6:30pm.
Las Cruces Sun News
- Avenida de Mesilla suspect taken away in ambulance
- La Casa challenge has men carrying purple purses
- Odile remnants drench New Mexico, far west Texas and Arizona
- Cyber espionage carries high cost to U.S., expert says in Las Cruces talk
- Man struck by car in Las Cruces remains in critical condition, police say
Local Viewpoints Headlines
Watch the PBS NewsHour on KRWG Public Television
Weeknights at 5:30pm and Weekends at 6:30pm