Las Cruces To Hear About Conlee School Renovation Monday
LAS CRUCES – LCPS Construction Projects Manager Gloria Martinez and officials from ASA Architects of Las Cruces will hold a parent and community meeting on the upcoming renovation project at Conlee Elementary School at 6:00 p.m. Monday, May 14, 2012 in the Conlee Elementary cafeteria, 1701 Boston Drive.
They will discuss the renovation work and the timeline for the construction, and will answer questions related to the construction and to traffic around the school. District officials said the project will begin this summer and is expected to be completed by April 2013.
“There are a number of pieces to this remodeling project and we want parents and the surrounding community to know what will take place over the next several months,” said Jo Galvan, communications director. “With everyone’s cooperation, traffic should also flow smoothly as the school gets a much-needed upgrade.”
The extensive renovations to the 57-year-old building will cost approximately $1.85 million and will include:
• A new parent drop-off lane with visitor parking along Montana Avenue;
• A separate visitor parking area and new deliveries loading area for the school kitchen;
• A new bus drop-off lane along Boston Drive;
• Additional staff parking along Missouri Avenue;
• Renovation of and addition to the existing kitchen. A temporary serving line will be provided during construction, during which time food will be prepared off-site and delivered to the school;
• An additional two sets of staff restrooms;
• More direct access from the school’s main building to the kindergarten wing.