KRWG.ORG-The Region's Home Page
Tue August 24, 2010
Las Cruces Police Recruiting; Job Pays $20/hour After One Year
By KRWG News
Las Cruces – The Las Cruces Police Department will hold a job fair this Saturday in advance of the 41st Police Academy that is scheduled to begin in January 2011.
The job fair will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 28, at Young Park, off Walnut Street, in Las Cruces.
Officers and representatives from various sections within the Las Cruces Police Department will be on hand to answer questions and assist with the application process. Anyone interested in a career in law enforcement with LCPD is strongly encouraged to attend and submit an application.
Applications for the 41st Police Academy need to be submitted no later than Sept. 6.
The Police Academy provides close to 1,000 hours of paid training in 20 weeks. The bulk of the academy - around 75 percent of it - is classroom instruction and the remaining 25 percent is field training in and around Las Cruces.
The starting salary for cadets, those who are accepted into the academy, is $15.50 per hour. Upon graduation from the 20-week academy, police officer trainees earn $17.83 per hour and are eligible for a $3,000 retention bonus. Officer trainees who successfully complete their one-year probationary status earn a salary of $19.95 per hour, equivalent to $41,500 annually.
Applications are available online at www.CLCPD.com. For more information on the Las Cruces Police Department academy, or this Saturday's job fair, call (575) 541-2766.