The New Mexico Department of Health’s Sierra County Public Health Office will be hosting a flu shot clinic on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 9:30AM- 11:00AM and 1:00PM- 3:00PM at the Sierra Public Health Office located at 201 E. 4th Street in Truth or Consequences, NM. The immunization clinic is open to the public and free of charge.
Everyone six months of age and older should get a flu vaccine each flu season, especially people in the following groups because they are at high risk of having serious flu-related complications or because they live with or care for people at high risk for developing flu-related complications:
• Children 6 months through 4 years of age
• Pregnant women (any trimester)
• People age 50 and older
• People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions like asthma, diabetes, lung or heart disease, and those who are immunocompromised
• People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
• People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu
• American Indians and Alaskan Natives
• People who are morbidly obese
• Healthcare and early childhood personnel
People in these groups should also consider seeing their health care provider to be evaluated for antiviral medication if they develop flu symptoms.
The New Mexico Department of Health offers vaccinations for people without insurance or who are otherwise not able to get immunized. Those with Medicaid or other health insurance should bring their insurance cards with them to the clinic.
For more information on the no-charge flu shot clinic, call the Sierra County Public Health Office at (575) 894- 2716 x100. (If there is no answer please leave a Name and Number WE will call you back.)